Mariam Raja - Media Research

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

My InDePeNDeNt STuDY x x x





My independent study is on islam and the media and how is islam represented in the media. I study how is "islamaphobia" created through media and the language and image the media uses. For this im going to look into many newspapers and new reports on attacks that have been claimed to be done by muslim terrorist and see how bias the western media is.
My tittle at the moment is " how is islam represnted in the western media and how does it create islamaphobia?"

2 Comments:

  • At 10:38 PM, Blogger Macguffin said…

    Very good work Mariam. You have some very good links posted up here and you provide a clear overview of your topic.

    Ever heard of using a spell-check?

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger Steven said…

    Wow...look at all that. MIGRAIN before 90% (including me) have done it, clear overview of what you're gonna do, and reliable links. Nice. Some of the stuff in MIGRAIN have given me a better idea of what to do for my own little blog. Thank you, and good job. =)

    For the suggestion: Stick a quick summary of what each link it. I'm lazy and want to know what I'm clicking on before I click it. >_>

    By the way, I think if you can, you should maybe mention something about the Brazillian that got shot for "jumping over the ticket barriar." A huge bunch of muslims assumed that the guy was a muslim as well, which shows that they can jump to conclusions just like the media...

    But, like I said: good job. All there is to it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home